September 4, 2010

still here.

man. summer went by really fast, which i guess im ok with, since its a bazillion degrees outside. sorry, i really stink at keeping this updated( i don't even know if anyone reads this??).

Things that happened in the last couple months:

- i cut off all my hair.Yeah. Think really short, like you-can-see-my-ears-short. i just decided and did it. i cant believe i did it, inches and inches gone and I'm REALLY glad i did it. i cut off at least 15 minutes off my morning routine. ill put up pictures soon.
-Abe lost 30lbs, yeah that's right.. 30lbs. a small child really. i didn't know he could lose that much. amazing.
- i have a new calling in church. The nursery. ummm, i just don't feel like i am the most motherly person. but i guess I'm suppose to be there for a reason? right?
- im going to california next weekend with some of my best and oldest friends. I feel like this trip is much needed. there is something so great about being with people that know you so well. Its effortless. I'm thankful for that, because sometimes your just too tired and I'm in need of a pick-me-up.
- i watched the first season of Felicity. Does anyone know how great that show is?
- Hair-Do moved to its new location, at Dana park and we are loving it! everyone should come by and check it out.
- Oh. i had a client freak out on me about not getting in sooner and it resulted in losing 10 great clients in one day. I'm serious. They are never coming back to me, because this client told them not to..it was unbelievable, and there was nothing i could of said or do to fix it. It was such a bad day.
-i went through a lot of books
- i finally joined a book club. It comforting to know that there are other people out there who stay up to three in the morning reading.
- i need to talk about the Mockingjay with someone.
- somehow we became the "eye sore" of the neighborhood... with all this rain, the weeds in our front yard have grown at a freakishly rapid pace, and then we became "that" house. we finally pulled them out this weekend.( you know when your a home owner, because you are talk about your yard)
-I'm really into Ray Lamontagne.
- i am now familiar with the pride cycle. i hope it cycles back around soon.

11 comments:

Adell said...

I love Felicity!!! Such a great show. Watched all 4 seasons Summer of 2006. So addicting. Also, Mockingjay?! Love / Hated it. I wanted more of the old Peeta, and less killing. But then again, I feel like every book should end with a wedding. Not realistic, I know. What about you?

Veronica said...

-i want to see your hair.
-i was really scared of nursery but after doing it i loved it, so i hope that's the case for you too.
-i've been listening to only ray lamontagne for like the last three days!

vanessa said...

i read your blog! and i laughed at a lot of those things. i can identify. and i wanna see your hair and abe's bod. in a platonic way of course.

p.s. i have a new blog now.

chelsea :: stock said...

I can't wait to see your do


I neeeed to read mockingjay, but haven't found anyone to lend theirs to me yet.


I just got called to nursery again. I just think... "it's two hours of my entire week, and it really helps out." and then I don't feel stressed about it.


I tried to find felicity on hulu. do you own the dvds?? if you do, I want to borrow them.


I can't wait to hear the client story in person.


california is gonna be so awesome. I can't wait.


love your face.

Hey Melissa Mae said...

+I'm so excited to see your hair!
+Abe looks awesome
+I need to read Mockingjay ASAP! (any chance I can borrow yours?)
+Whats the pride cycle?

angela hardison said...

i read your blog too. and i love felicity -- i watched all 4 seasons summer of 2006 with adell :)

i didn't really like mockingjay, but that's because i love gale and i'm apparently the only person on earth that does. i knew it wasn't going to end up how i wanted it to so i didn't enjoy it the whole time. sad but true.

let's see this hair! i've been so tempted lately to chop mine off.

angela hardison said...

p.s. my hair stylist (lisa) moved away. she's planning on visiting now & then to do hair, but if i need a new person can i please come to you?!

Familia Bethers said...

- WANT to see your hair! (Video chat soon???) Please?
- Abe lost a three year old! Ha ha ha! Seriously though, he looks great. Hopefully he feels great too.
- Who needs bitchy clients any ways? (did I just type that?) Yes I did! They're too much stress anyways and if 9 other followers don't have a brain of their own to make a decision ... you don't need them either. I on the other hand am probably going to start flying to AZ to have you do my hair. That's how good you are ... and everyone here in CO sucks. Really they do. Just ask any of my friends - we're always looking for someone decent.
-Just started reading the hunger games series - I'll try and catch up just so we can have a conversation about it ;)
- I've served in Primary a lot, but never nursery. Knock on wood - but only becuase I already run a nursery at home :) John served in there about a year ago - loved it! But it doesn't take much to make John happy. Toy cars, snacks, and laying on the floor. Perfect church for him.
- I don't think anyone reads my blog anymore - but I was MIA for a long time. Finally started back up - Phew - that's a lot!
Love you!

hanner said...

ohhhh so much to respond to in this post. LOVE felicity. my sister owns all the seasons and we're obsessed. i agree with angela; i loved gale and was not happy with the ending. and geez that book was so depressing. can't wait to see your hair. and abe. i have been thinking of you all week and i should have called or texted you, i just had a feeling. anyway, miss you both and hope that you are on the good end of the pride cycle..? we love you!

Meg said...

I can't wait to see a pic of your new do!
Very impressed with Abe loosing the small child.
I loved Felicity, wish it would of kept going.
Read Mockingjay and I'm still not sure how I feel about it...

I think you and Abe should plan a trip to the windy city, we miss you two!

Jill Manning said...

Oh Jessica, I should have had a hair appt with you this month because I would have loved to have talked to you about Mockingjay and just how great Felicity is! Maybe when I come in to see Chelsea you will be there too and we can get giggly over it all. Good luck with that darn pride cycle, it gets the best of us for sure!