April 19, 2009

New York?...not so much.


For the last couple of months, i have been planning a surprise trip for Abe, to see his favorite soccer team play in New York City(i got REALLY good seats for the game!). When i told him on Friday night, we were already on our way to the airport and the bags were packed and ready to go.... he was so excited, i was excited and then something horrible happened! we were flying with buddy passes, and when i called on Monday they said the flight was open, even Friday morning the flight was open.... somewhere between Friday morning and the time we got there the flight had book up! we were numbers 13th and 14th on the list for two available seats! there was no way we could get on the flight and next flight wasn't until late Saturday night, and it wouldn't be worth it because we would miss the game and i couldn't change the hotel reservation!! I cried. All of my hard work and sneakiness was gone within a matter of ten minutes! Abe was so nice, he said the thought was good enough for him and he appreciated everything i did! I was so sad! i was so sad we weren't going to new york(because i have never been) and all the money we lost and i just wanted to try and keep up with all of the great things Abe does for me.
The next day, Abe bought me some pots and flowers to plant to cheer me up( its funny how the trip was for him, but i was so upset and he was trying to cheer me up)what a great husband!

13 comments:

The Weights said...

Hopefully you can look back and this will just be a funny story to tell. Well actually its not funny at all, its really sad. It can just be a sad story you tell when you are happy to make you sad. But why would you do that? How about you just forget it happened. Even though you didn't get to go you get props for an awesome idea, and being so sneaky. Abe is so sweet to try and cheer you up!

Meg said...

I know how you feel Jess. Tay is always doing sneeky sweet things for me and whenever I try to sneek something past him it ALWAYS blows up and never works out. I feel for you..

I do have to say that I love the flowers.

Beka said...

Aww! thats such a bummer, i was excited to hear about it! dont worry, i'm sure your time in the 'big apple' will come:)

REB said...

If you get sad, just think of how RSL lost to New York again. So it would have been a bad game to go to. I'm just trying to be optimistic.

Jami said...

Oh dear! Abe is the best! Spencer was just looking into space the other day and I said "what are you thinking about"
Spencer: "Abe really is a funny guy"
We love you guys!

chelsea :: stock said...

oh man. jeff and I suck at being sneaky. we always end up telling each other in case there is a conflict or I would want to have prep time or something.

sorry jess. stupid people flying to New York last minute...

The Payne Family said...

Oh man... how thoughtful of you. I'm so sorry it didn't work out, especially after all your hard work to be so sneaky and sweet about it. Abe is wonderful for cheering you up! The flowers look wonderful!

CUTRER said...

Well on the bright side I told Abe that week end we had tonz of canceld flts and it was bad weather in JFK. Sorry about the flts but thats stand by for ya, I had to drive home with the kids becuase of weather. Oh call and get you $ back on the tickets so that you have that money back atleast :)

Familia Bethers said...

What a bummer! You are a super sweet wife to Abe. I am sure you'll get another chance to do it again.

The Thatchers said...

Im so sorry about the trip. Your baby is cute though.

Chelsey Howard said...

That sucks:( What a sweet hubby though:) You'll just have to plan another trip and try again:) It was a really good idea though, so at least your hubby gave you props.

Unknown said...

I've decided when I grow up, I want to be just like you and Abe... miss you guys!

Katie B. said...

That is so sad! I'm sorry, hopefully you can plan another trip soon. I'm taking my chances at growing plants... I've never really had a green thumb so we'll see how it all turns out. Good luck with yours!