March 21, 2009

love is a swimming pool

Its snowing and I'm sitting outside Giffs thrift store. A guy stops to talk to me.
Guy: "Did you lose something?"

me: "What??"

guy:" you just look sad or something."

me:"no... I'm not."

guy:"whats your name?"

me : "Jessica."

guy: "I'm Abe. where are you from?"

me: "Mesa, Arizona"

Abe: "oh really? me too, kind of. what high school?"

me: "mountain view, don't judge me."

Abe:" ha I wont, I went to red mountain"

me: "what year did you graduate?"

Abe:" '98"

me: "1998! so i was in eighth grade when you graduated?"

Abe thinking to himself, I'm not going to ask for this girls number, she is way too young.

Abe:"uh, yeah."

Abe gets a text and laughs

me: "whats so funny?"

Abe shows me the text.

It says.." Hurry and get her number, so we can leave.-Karla"

Abe just looks at me.

me: "well... do you want it?"

Pause.

Abe:" yeah."


One bad date, a surprise trip to Provo and three years later.




okay,so maybe that was not how i pictured how it would be when i met my husband, but if you look pass all the awkwardness....it was a good moment. Our first year of marriage has been nothing but full of love and laughter and i can honestly say, I have the world's best husband.

Happy 1st year anniversary.

One year down, forever to go.

12 comments:

Beka said...

Happy Anniversary!

melissa mae said...

I love that story, about how you guys met. I can't believe it's already been a year. Happy Anniversary!

hanner said...

I am proud to say I was there that fateful night...

The Blakes said...

Classy story.

Unknown said...

I always suspected that Abe was super smooth. You certainly validated it with that story! Happy Anniversary!

chelsea :: stock said...

I did not know that part of the story... I thought you met at a party? wow. what kind of friend am I?


can't wait for your visit!

CUTRER said...

Happy Anniversary you two! I am glad to see that the first year was great, a little history when you two decided to call it over and Abe moved back to Arizona our plan was to still keep you around so all us girls (Reyna's) planned to take you to the Woman Conference and kidnap you, good thing Abe came to his senses. love you guys.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary sis. I can't believe that it has already been a year. WOW, how time flies. That means that I am one year older, CRAP!! I Love You.

Dad

Unknown said...

Can't believe it has already been a year!

Familia Bethers said...

Happy anniversary Abe & Jess! We love you guys a ton and wish you were closer :)

The Thatchers said...

That was so adorable. It warmed my heart.

CUTRER said...

Oh ya the comment was ment to say "Glad Jessica took Abe back" ........ Sorry for the error :P