June 19, 2008

music issues

There are a couple issues we need to discuss concerning music. If you don't care about that subject, you can just move along to the next post.

first: Ryan Adams is dating Mandy Moore! Really? Ryan A
dams and Mandy Moore. What? I cant even tell you all of the negative thoughts going through my brain when i read this. "Easy Plateau" and " Missing you like candy"? No! I just cant believe this. I hope he wakes up one day and realizes who he's dating and punches her in the face( i know thats mean, but i really do not like Mandy Moore) next subject.

So in salt lake, every summer, they have the Summer Twilight Concerts Series. Where the city gets bands to play for free down town, at the Gallivan Center. Of Course the summer Abe and I leave they have an amazing line up! The Roots, Andrew Bird, Clap Your Hands say Yeah, Nada Surf, Neko Case, and Broken Social Scene! I feel like they are just rubbing it my face that i don't live there anymore. Abe and I were debating whether or not we should go to salt lake just for Broken Social Scene. I am so mad about this. I would pay a lot of money to see any of those bands, but no, they are in Salt lake, for free! Why do bands skip over Phoenix? seriously though... Abe and I were looking for shows to go to, and wait... they were NONE! not only do we have to bake in this heat, we also get to listen to the"Top 20 songs" over and over again. We are living in the wrong city.


14 comments:

German Reyna said...

Wow! So much anger.

Well sure the Gallivan line up this year is by far the best they've had. But the problem with those shows is, if you don't get there at noon to save a spot, you can't see the band. They need to redo the Gallivan plaza so there are better viewing area's or move the it to a bigger area. There are way to many people and most of them go for the scene not the music.

Maybe you guys need to get something like the Twilight series going there.

chelsea :: stock said...

wow... so bitter.

you really should call the Hardison's... I am sure they know plenty of not-too-terribly-boring things to do. Do it. Do it. JustDoIt.


and I can't say I knew of your intense aversion to Mandy Moore... Poor girl, what did she do to deserve that?


ps I miss you with the power of a thousand burning suns.

hanner said...

I didn't even know YOU HAD A BLOG I AM FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW

hanner said...

PS, I'm annoyed that we are missing Broken Social Scene because we're going to be in the Marshall Islands (which I guess I shouldn't be sad about) and also I don't think Robbie likes the Roots as much as I do and they're playing on his birthday, so I'm not going to that either. But I'm going to Andrew Bird, so in your face Gallivan Center! And also Sigur Ros is coming again to SLC. But we decided we're going to take a road trip to Red Rocks to see them. So... if you want to come with us you should, is all I'm saying. Long comment.

Jade said...

I am with Chelsea..why so bitter? Please remember that there are people in this state who actually like being here and on top of that like having you here! Just something to think about?

Veronica said...

No offense, but Mandy Moore is one of my favorite celebrities. I have actually been recorded as saying that if I could be best friends with a celebrity, it would be her. And I love Ryan Adams, so this is one of the best celebrity couples I could imagine. Sorry, but this may even rival Gwyneth and Chris Martin.

CUTRER said...

how funny a Mandy hater! I didn't she was not like that much LOL well if you guys do come up to Ut for the concerts it would be nice to see you guys. Paul and I are so out of the loope we have no idea who the groups are....

angela hardison said...

I can totally, 100% relate. I feel like I'm living in the wrong city most of the time. That lineup sounds almost perfect. And soon you'll notice that anytime someone great comes to Phoenix, it always seems to happen on a Sunday...

Chelsea's right. We should hang out sometime and enjoy what Phoenix has to offer.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jess, this is Lali Johnson (Pero). Congrats on your wedding! Check out my blog, www.trevorandlalijohnson.blogspot.com

Familia Bethers said...

LOL! I had no idea you could hold in this much animosity and then unleash it like that! WOW! Impressive. At least now I know that you could hold your own against Abe ;-)

Meg said...

I want you to know Tay and I totally agree! AZ seems to be very behind in the music scene. (We thought SL was bad) As for Ryan Adams I think you should call him and ask him what he is thinking, Mandy Moore...that is just not right.

Maybe you should come to Denver....

ryan hoffman photography said...

You would think the fact that Mandy Moore is talentless in both her music and acting endeavors would cause any musician with real talent to avoid that kind of relationship. Ryan Adams was with Winona Ryder at one point. So one can't say that he has completely bad taste. Granted, Winona has been known to be something of a cleptomaniac...

Unknown said...

Hey guys - I had to laugh and totally shake my head in agreement about your music post... Mandy Moore and Ryan Adams? WTF?
I will miss seeing your faces this summer at the Twilight Series - You should come up!

Taylor said...

No music in AZ? Have you forgotten about your local girl Jordin Sparks? Seriously Reyna's, grow some taste.