June 5, 2008

the day in the life


Since Xbox 360 Live's inception, there's been 2,300,000,000 hours spent playing games on the network. Which is 95,000,000 days. Which is 260,000 years. 2,000,000 text and voice messages are sent over the service every day. My husband... he is one of them. It all started when Abe's friends got him an Xbox 360 for "our" wedding present. Wedding present? really? Everyday, if not every other day Abe is on the Xbox 360. It wouldn't be such a big deal, but when he is playing, he is occupying not just the television, but the internet too. So what do i get to do... i am left with no other choice, but to be stuck watching him play. yeah, thanks for the wedding present. I really picture my first year of marriage, watching my husband say ridiculous things into headset, while his are eyes glued to the T.V.( I hope everyone is picking up on my sarcasm.) So, to entertain myself, i started recording all of things he says. Its funny to me, because its things that i didn't expect Abe to ever say to me in real life.
"Look at this guy twitching, i feel bad because i killed him."
"dude."
"Look at my gun, customized baby!"

"dude."
"Do you want to see me snipe this guy?"
"dude, dude."
"Do you want to play? I can plug you in."

Did he really think i wanted to play? All i could say in response was,"this game swears."

Just another day in the life of being Mrs. Abe Reyna.
(feel free to kidnap me at anytime.)

8 comments:

Melissa Mae Johnson said...

The madness must stop NOW! No seriously, play with him. Its fun. I love Halo. OH, but the other guys might get mad at you cause you suck and can't keep up and then end up yelling at you and then you run away and cry into your pillow. So you should play with him!
I know a way to get him off of it though. If you happen to have clothes on, just take them off.

German Reyna said...

For Abe:
Abe you heatless jerk, get a router for the internet and another tv already. Keep your wife happy.

For Jessica:
I you get on the xbox first Abe will then have to watch you play.

Dr. Drew said...

I'm offended Jessica...that wedding present was very thoughtful and expensive...and I'm pretty sure we all never received a thank you card for it. And now you publicly humilate us for getting Abe exactly what he wanted?

Hey Abe dude, let's assassinate and beat down some fools all weekend! And for the record, I never yelled at Melissa for sucking on Halo...I'm not sure who she is talking about?

Stacy Hart said...

jessica, i feel your pain...except mine is the result of playstation 3 and occasionally age of empires. its been a lot better after a year of marriage though so just hold in there, the obsession wears off!

abe, take your wife out on a date!

Drew and Jenny said...

Jess...I'd totally kidnap but you but (a)we are in Indiana, and (b)there's clearly just as bad here. Anyway, I really don't know what to tell you but...hang in there? Maybe we should start a support group.

Unknown said...

That was the funniest thing I have read all day! (I haven't read too much besides nutrition labels so the bar was set pretty low) I laughed out loud. I can't say I know how you feel cause Mike HATES games (bomber man?)... I don't know, if they are played live are they still considered VIDEO Games or have they come up with some much more elaborate names for them such as Virtual Interactive Dork Fest?
I digress- what I mean to say is sorry... Melissa did come up with a much more exciting and healthy outlet for your predicament instead of an old fashioned kidnapping! Take her up on that- should work everytime (in the first year of marriage, at least)

CUTRER said...

Well I told you it would happen! But you need to find something that you can do with that time like I don't know spen the same amount of money that the X box cost on clothing!!!!!! Paul tried telling me that Jordan need the playstation as a prize for potty traning, He was 2 and couldn't even hold the controler. I feel ya sis. I know lets kiddnap all the Reyna girl sometime an do a girls weekend only......

Familia Bethers said...

Well, I can't truly relate to that...at least not the Xbox thing. BUT - John has his things too I guess ...don't we all? Jess - I feel bad for ya', but you did read the disclaimer right? No refunds, returns or exchanges...even if damaged before purchase. (It's an old Reyna policy, sorry.) I loved Germ's post LOL.