July 9, 2008

This is why i am proud to be an american.

First off, let me just say that the Fourth of July is my FAVORITE holiday. I LOVE it more than Christmas or thanksgiving or any other holiday. There are just so many great things that come out of the fourth of July... barbecues, swimming, watermelon, fireworks, people wearing matching American T-shirts. So, this year being in Arizona, and being that it is 1,000 degrees out side, i was determined to plan something not in mesa. Luckily, my bestest friend Katie, invited me and Abe to come up to Heber, AZ with her and her husband. And just as a side note, Heber is where my love for the fourth began(me and Katie went every summer). Heber Fourth of July, consist of three things. 1). the parade. There were no actual floats in this parade, just people that decorate their cars or ATVs in red, white and blue and drive down the road. And at the parade, i sat next to this old man with an eye patch, that kept telling me(multiple times) if i ever got fat, that Abe would leave me. It was weird. 2). the festival. I'm not going to comment about it, because there is not much to comment about. 3). the fireworks. I will swear to the day i die, that these are the best fireworks you will ever see.(no, sarcasm. totally serious.) you are on these baseball fields(which are so American) that are in a canyon. They light the fireworks so close to the fields, that you can feel the force of the fireworks exploding on your face. aka, patriotism exploding in your face. Probably, the most amazing thing that you could see/experience, EVER.


seriously the best "float" in the parade.


will somebody please tell me if i am writing too much, and boring everyone to death?

12 comments:

chelsea :: stock said...

jessica... unless you are writing five times a day, and start telling us that you just ate cereal, you are not writing too much. in fact, you need to write more.


looks like you guys had a killer time... did k8's jilted lover devyn (is that his name?) come find kendall and stare him down? because that would have been awesome.

and men with eye patches are often from the future, jess, I am surprised you didn't know that. so he is probably warning you about something there... abe....



ps you are soooooooooeeeewwwww pretty.

Familia Bethers said...

Did you know that we went to Heber to check out a job offer for John when we first moved to AZ in '06? It was pretty. Glad you guys had a great time ... maybe next year we'll be at Mount Rushmore! Miss you guys!

hanner said...

I love that you love America so much. And I am glad you have a blog now because you and Carrie were on the list of people who should have a blog. Now I just have to work on her.

Melissa Mae Johnson said...

Yes, please shut-up. Jay to the kay. I love reading your bloggie. Can't wait to see you guys in a month! will you be my haircutter person again?

Katie B. said...

How fun! Sounds like you guys had a great 4th... it is one of my most favorite holidays too! I love fireworks... last year I was in Austin, TX for the fourth and it rained so they cancelled fireworks!! It was terrible!

Hope all is well! How are you enjoying being back in AZ?

The Thatchers said...

Since im not working i have a lot of time to look on blogs. you might here from me more often.(if thats ok) I think your a good writer. i love going to the mountains for the 4th. i have not been to Heber, only passing thru. It looks so nice up there.

Meg said...

Are you kidding you need to write more! You are hilarious, we love to read your blog.

I have to say that I would have rather had you in Denver to party with us on the 4th. I guess I can't win them all. I am glad you guys had a good time.

angela hardison said...

You're like the fifth person I've heard say that Heber has the best fireworks ever. I totally feel like I'm missing out.

CUTRER said...

well its a good thing that you are as thin as a rail so that Abe wont leave you! LOL Maybe with his good eye couldn't see you and thought you where his X that left him and know he waites for her ever 4th at that same spot..... OK he is off his rocker. I want to go camping so bad but this year is prob out of the ?

Unknown said...

Sounds like you guys had a fun fourth! I wish we had somewhere to go like that...

Unknown said...

Leslie and I quite enjoy your writting and with having two weeks off for my shoulder deal I have lots of time to read blogs so post away.

Jami said...

How fun. Me and Spencer LOVE going to Heber for the 4th. We went like 3 years in a row, and then this last year we couldnt' go, because 1. Grace is really cranky in the car, and 3 hours of trapped car, doesn't sound like fun with her 2. because we are poor white trash and can't afford the gas! But I was super disappointed. Also the old man seems awesome, there is nothing better than an old man to let you know what life is really all about! Anouther also...you think your posts are amazing, and I want to be a professional blogger just like you when I grow up.